Thursday, May 23, 2013

Scotch Brite wants to get it Right

So far in my Marketing class I have really learned how important it is for companies to make products that consumers want.  I never knew how much emphasis got put on the customer’s needs and desires when companies attempt to develop new products!  Then, last night I was watching the Food Network as I was cooking up some dinner and a Scotch Brite commercial came on that made me think of what I have learned thus far in my course!  Now, normally I wouldn’t decide to write about a cleaning scrubber, but this hit right on target with me!  The commercial starts out with two employees from Scotch Brite that go to a home and eavesdrop on a woman complaining about her dish scrubber. The employees then go back to their company headquarters and develop a scrubber that the woman wishes she had in the first place!  After watching the commercial I thought, “That is just what I learned in class!”  This commercial reinforces the fact that making products based on the customer is key to being successful in the marketplace.  The marketing concept revolves on customer satisfaction. Looks like Scotch Brite has the right idea! Check out the commercial below!



No comments:

Post a Comment