Sunday, June 16, 2013

Marketing Interest in Pinterest


I am sure you all have heard of the picture sharing site called Pinterest! This site causes women (and some men) to look at their computer/mobile devices all day. I can admit I am one of these guilty addicts. Pinterest is a place where you can literally bookmark and categorize anything that you are interested in on your own profile. You can also see "pins" from everyone else that has a Pinterest account, including your friends you are following. For example, one of my friends "pinned" a picture of a jacket from Guess that I thought was fabulous, so I decided to "repin" the picture of the jacket to my profile onto one of my categorized "boards" about clothing. This is honestly a site to get inspirations and get shopping! This site has become so extremely addictive to its target market; (of mostly women) businesses from all over are using Pinterest as a marketplace! Not only is Pinterest a great platform for your own individual use, it is now being used as a source of marketing for many brands. For instance, Nordstrom has their own team that basically makes boards to showcase their products during the different seasons. Some companies like Urban Outfitters have their own bridal collection, so you can get inspired and plan your entire wedding on Pinterest! In today's technological world, it is easy to see how big of an impact social networking media can have on retail and advertising environments...Keep Pinning everyone!!!
Here is a video about Pinterest:

No comments:

Post a Comment